We love good food at The Style Life and while we certainly love Deliveroo (and all other food delivery apps), you can also often find us whizzing up a storm in the kitchen. Of course like everybody else we aren’t averse to a quick Google search for some fail safe recipes and our stack of cookbooks thankfully never have much opportunity to gather dust but we are also creative types and love to fashion our own creations and recipes too.
For our first recipe on the site, we’ve kept it simple with the kind of dish that makes both an excellent side, a light snack, part of a tapas style ensemble or basically if you’ve got a spare sweet potato lying around that you need some inspo for.
We give you… Sweet potato baked cubes with garlic, chilli and lime mayo, it’s totally delish.
Serves: 2 as a side
Ingredients for sweet potato:
1 large sweet potato
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves of garlic (unpeeled)
Salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients for mayo:
2 heaped tbsps mayo (any brand, vegan mayo will work too)
zest and juice of half a lime
quarter of red chilli (deseeded – adjust amount of chilli for spice preference)
Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 5-10mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Instructions for sweet potato:
- Preheat oven to 180 degree (fan oven)
- Peel sweet potato and cut into (approx) 1.5 cm cubes
- Place cubes into an oven safe dish/pan or onto a grease proof lined tray. Should preferably be a single layer.
- Add 1tbsp of oil, paprika, thyme, unpeeled garlic cloves and salt and pepper and mix to ensure pieces are evenly coated.
- Put in preheated oven, turning cubes after 30mins
- At 40 minute mark remove garlic cloves and leave to one side to cool.
- As this is cooking prepare the mayo dip
Instructions for lime, garlic and chilli mayo:
- In a bowl place 2 heaped tbsp of mayonnaise (any brand – will work with vegan mayo too)
- Add zest and juice of half a lime
- Add a quarter of teaspoon of finely diced red chilli (no seeds) – adjust according to spice preference.
- Add the garlic from the two cooled roasted cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together and pour into a bowl, enjoy with your sweet potato cubes