We are certainly the generation of avocado on toast and when it comes to dips, guac is most definitely right up there at the top of our list.
Finding a perfectly ripe avocado feels on par with finding a fiver in a long forgotten winter coat (well almost) and when we do find these rare beauties, whether we scoop out the succulent, green flesh with a spoon or whizz up into a punchy guacamole is neither here nor there to be honest – can you tell we really like avocados?
But if you are in the market for an easy but tasty guac, we’re aware the internet is full of suggestions. But here is our personal recipe that we go back to time and time again. Oh and if you skip to the bottom of this post we’ve recommended a few ways to serve it too!
1 ripe avocado (large) – if in the supermarket give the avocado a little squeeze – it should have some give but not be squishy.
Juice of half a lime
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of paprika
1 tablespoon of finely chopped red onion (we recommend adding your salt content to the red onion before mixing)
1 teaspoon of finely chopped coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking time: 0
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Open up your avocado and scoop out the insides into a bowl and mash.
- dice onions and add your salt content to the onions.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients to your avocado.
- Add the onions after a couple of minutes.
- Mix together and enjoy!
Here’s our 5 of our favourite serving ideas for your guacamole:
- Chips and dip – when we say chips we mean tortilla chips – great as a snack with drinks or anytime of day to be honest (except maybe breakfast).
- Speaking of breakfast… guac + toasted sourdough + poached egg (optional) = breakfast and brunch dreams.
- Guac, smoked salmon, salad and some crackers make for a great light lunch or pre gym energy hit.
- Pair your guac with quesadillas as a great side or dip for the toasted tortilla sandwich of dreams.
- TACOS – how did we forget tacos?!